Well hello there! Welcome to the July 2022 Reverse Readathon! What’s a RR you ask? Well it’s a Readathon that starts at 8pm Eastern time on Friday, …Reverse Readathon! August 2022 (no, I don‘t know why it says August…)
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? — Germany, hence the nutty starting time!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? — I will continue with my current read Ship of Magic (Liveship Traders, #1)
by Robin Hobb. I might mix it up with some comics, audio or a novella.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? — I don‘t usually snack and don‘t really stock up with snacks for readathons either.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! — I am so tempted right now to find my opening survey from last time for some copy-and-paste action…. I‘m German, I live close to Stuttgart, I predominantly read in English, mostly specfic with the odd mystery or romance thrown in. Non-fiction tends to be natural sciences.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? — sleep more, probably, due to the timing. I am not sure yet if I will use a timer at all. I will probably simply count my pages and minutes via StoryGraph. Here are my stats before the start of the readathon:
The Reverse Readathon starts in a little under an hour, at 2 AM CET, if I calculated that correctly. I wanted to stay up for the start at least, but I am tired. I won‘t last that long anymore. Also, I want to go to the farmer‘s market tomorrow morning or at least to the supermarket for some grocery shopping and don‘t want to get up so late.
I should get some reading done tomorrow evening—I‘ll be house- and dog-sitting all on my lonesome…
2 thoughts on “Reverse Readathon! July 2022”
All the best for the Readathon! If I had gotten over my long standing joke of a reading slump, I’d have loved to read Robin Hobb’s books along with you. Saw your other book haul post too, the additions look awesome. In any case, just going to wait for your thoughts afterwards!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh, reading slumps, I hate when that happens! I am sure you had many tips from a lot of people, how to get over the slump, so I won‘t add to it…
Robin Hobb—I like Ship of Magic so far. Which is great, as it is huge and I have the other two Liveship Trader books on my shelf already. I didn‘t like Assassins‘s Apprentice this much and abandoned that trilogy.
And yes, it is about high time that I finish the Shardlake series. The question is just how I will find the time. I probably need to stop watching so much TV.