- How many books did you read during this readathon? Did you have any favorites?
- How many books did you finish?
- Did you accomplish your goals for this readathon?
- How did your snacks and meals work out? Are there things you would change about the food and beverages side of your readathon for next time?
- Did you enjoy this readathon? What was the most successful part of your readathon? What would you change for next time?
- What Dewey’s social media sites did you visit during this readathon? What activities did you participate in? Do you plan to complete those activities over the remainder of the weekend?
You’ve made it to the last hour-long sprint of our readathon for April 2023. Congratulations. Choose the book you wish to enjoy for your last hour of…Hour 24 Reading Sprint and Survey
1. I am in the middle of my novel, finished one graphic novel volume (review to come), started another one and made some headway in two non-fiction audiobooks. One of them I will probably DNF, I‘ll make up my mind later. The other one I will only finish with heavy skimming, but I want to at least catch the end.
2. see above
3. I had a good time. I wish that real life hadn‘t intruded, because I think I would have had a lot of fun with the readathon this time around. But I decided at one point in my life that meeting friends and socializing is always more important than sitting on my sofa to read. Still, I will probably skip on that spa day tomorrow (national holiday), I don‘t think I am in the mood. However, I think what the last few days with the reading relays and the actual readathon have shown me: less TV and more reading is more satisfying.
4. I am not a snack-eater during readathons. I normally still take time to cook, switching to an audiobook. Ok, this time we actually went out for dinner. Other than that I really need to loose some weight, so besides some yoghurt for breakfast, I only sipped some fruit juices at various intervals, had some coffee and plenty of water.
5. For me the readathon starts at 2 p.m., so sleeping in the middle is quite natural. However, I did stay up and read till 3 a.m. last night and then really struggled this morning and got distracted. Maybe next time I will try to stick to my normal sleeping rhythm and get up earlier the following morning, so I can make more progress during the second half of the readathon.
6. I took part in some activities in the Dewey‘s goodreads group and I updated here, that was it. If I had taken part in anything else on Instagram or Discord (I don‘t use Twitter or FB anymore), I would have read even less. I will probably look at some updates in the goodreads group. Tomorrow is a holiday in Germany and I will either chill with some friends in their garden or go to a spa with another friend, as mentioned, depending on the weather. I will also definitely read…
As for the final tally, I read 326 pages of ebooks/comics and listened to 8 hours and 44 minutes of audio. I did start a little earlier yesterday, to make up for my outing yesterday afternoon.
Whatever reviews and blog posts piled up in the past two days will follow in the coming days. Plus there will be my monthly wrap-up for April tomorrow.